On the set of Women Unscripted TV
Women seeking to step up their power, profile and credibility in areas of influence, leadership and emotional intelligence at any age will find Maura Sweeney a uniquely qualified guest speaker for their organization or group.
Though a cross-cultural, cross-generational personality whose mission is to uplift all within her path, Maura’s background delivers elements that make her an especially powerful voice to women.
Facts About Maura Sweeney
* In 1980, chosen among all Boston College’s Political Science majors to intern for Senator Ted Kennedy at his Boston office. Declined a full time position after graduation.
* In 1982, exited law school mid-stream to find her own path to happiness and business success apart from previous grooming and entrenched family expectations.
* At age 24, promoted to Operations Manager at executive search firm recruiting and presenting GM through VP level candidates to Fortun3 500 client companies and served as outplacement consultant to recently displaced executives. Editor of firm’s national human resources newsletter featuring interviews with top HR execs.
* At age 25, relocated to Florida and joined the sales team of Allnet Communication Services, Inc., the nation’s third largest alternative long distance company. Promoted to Sales Manager in 3 months and fostered a wake of further promotions on my team.
* At age 27, promoted to Branch Manager. Recipient of Chairman’s Award as #1 Branch Manager of the Year out of pool of 34 national branches. When recognized during a week long Caribbean cruise, my team included a Sales Manager, Major Account Manager and five additional sales reps also recognized for superior performance.
* Declined two promotions to NYC and Chicago. Launched one new office and oversaw several others around the Southeast. Named Comeback Manager of the Year for retaining staff and restoring sales excellence following a corporate moratorium on certain key product lines.
* At age 30, recruited by international telecom company Cable & Wireless to launch their Florida market. Taking neither staff nor accounts from prior employer, hired and trained a completely new staff, promoted various employees into management, enjoyed outstanding employee and customer retention & recognized with numerous sales performance awards. Developed several new managers.
* At age 34, left corporate career to stay home with a new child and co-launched Sweeney Sales, Inc. a computer rep firm with my husband. Firm received numerous awards with sales exceeding $50 million per annum.
* At age 37, received of National Award for Communications Effectiveness from nation’s largest women’s advocacy organization based out of Washington, D.C.
* During my 30’s and 40’s, served as home schooling parent to our daughter who enrolled in early college at 13, received a B.S. in Journalism from Boston University and started Harvard grad school at 19.
* As an “empty nester,” relaunched my career with New Vision Entertainment, LLC to represent a creative clients including musical artists (who opened for Bon Jovi Have a Nice Day Tour concert) and a preschool teacher author of preschool books and music (Dove Award, Boston Globe Book Expo selection, sell-out sales and national media exposure through 36 airings on HSN, TV and print in Boston and Tampa Bay publications).
* At age 50, pursued a childhood dream to learn how to dance. Enrolled in a local college dance program, performed on stage and used the story to launch my Art of Happiness book series to inspire others to live an authentic life and exit their comfort zones, too.
* Created over 200 YouTube videos from around the world with reflective questions and anecdotal information inspiring others to find their authentic self.
* Invited by Huffington Post to serve as an early contributor to their publication under my own name.
* Featured interview at Britain’s BBC radio to discuss U.S. v. British perspectives on culture, politics and economic values.
* Named Ambassador of Happiness by UNESCO Center for Peace when invited to speak at first national Nelson Mandela Day celebration.
* Invited to address university students from 25+ countries on how to become a new breed of leader at UNESCO IMUN Summer Camp at Hood College in Maryland.
* Launched Maura Sweeney | Living Happy – Inside Out podcast with over 100 episodes and 50+ 5 star reviews on iTunes.
* Featured speaker at Southeastern Europe’s first Summit of 100 Young Leaders.
* Featured speaker at several other universities, business leadership conferences and American Embassy outposts on new paradigms of Influence and Leadership for the 21st century.
* Featured media personality on NBC, Match.com, women’s on-line publications and 300+ media outlets in the U.S. and overseas on topics of influence, leadership, authenticity, careers, life transformation and emotional intelligence.
* Keynote speaker in U.S. and nine countries abroad.
Happily married to the same man since 1981.
Maura is an International Speaker on Self Leadership, Influence, Emotional Intelligence & Personal Responsibility
Follow her on Twitter
Join Maura at the Ingomu Learning Community